Tuesday, January 19, 2010

some more awesome blowoffs

Every once in a while I list the best rejections I've had in the last few weeks:

1.No one here wants that.
2.I'm probably not interested.
3.(I'm asking about the letters 20+c+m+b+08, which is written above many doorways in Alameda) "That's something you don't have to worry about."
4.Oh no, we have an uncle that's a cartoonist (yeah, tell your uncle that a cartoonist stopped by, you didn't look at his work and you didn't support him in any way, I'm sure THAT will go over real well at the dinner party.)
5.I'm not going to support you, but I support your project, have you checked the houses across the street? (Can you believe this, they tell me that I should tap their neighbor, but THEY won't help!)

The folks I feel the sorriest for are the poor folks that figure out, an hour or so later, that they SHOULD have bought one measly cartoon from me. Poor people. Pablo Picasso shows up at their door, and they are mostly "eating dinner" and can't be bothered, or are "busy" watching TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment